Anyon Systems is a quantum computing company located in the Greater Montreal Region and with a satellite office in Waterloo. We work at the cutting edge of technology to develop and commercialise superconducting quantum computers. The company is rapidly growing and has both hardware and software groups to achieve its R&D goals.
You will be working within our Quantum Control Electronics Team, a team of engineers and scientists dedicated to develop FPGA-based RF electronics to control superconducting quantum processors. You will focus on developing firmware, drivers and automation software tools. You will collaborate closely with other teams when required. In this role, you will draw on your strong expertise as well as as your critical thinking and obsession for documentation.
- Responsible for detailed RF design and schematics for small sub-assembly specifications.
- Perform experiments, bench tests and technical reports for sub-assembly units.
- Peer-to-Peer thorough review of design schematics and PCB layout.
- Design Data management and design repositories verification.
- Perform required tests and compile data in usable format to support design and documentation.
- Develop and implement automated test procedures to streamline standard RF test functions
- Work closely with your peers to generate engineering and time estimates required to complete a task.
- Diagnose and resolve complex interaction problems between RF, digital, power supply and software issues.
- B.Sc. (+ at least 6 years of industrial exprience), MSc or PhD(+ at least 3 years of industrial exprience) with industrial experience in RF/microwave Design and FPGA board design.
- Proven experience regarding design, testing and tuning printed circuit boards.
- Solid understanding of Impedance Control and Transmission Line Theory.
- Familiarity with PCB layout and RF fabrication technologies to support PCB designer.
- Working experience with microwave performance measurement equipment (e.g. Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, - Network Analyzer).
- Able to work under minimal supervision and experience with product transition from engineering to manufacturing.
- Strong team work capabilities, excellent organization and communication skills.
- Candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada or hold an Open Work Permit